If you have a talent for cooking and you are passionate about food, home catering business can reap dividends for you. There are few tips on how to start a home based catering business:
1. Initially you can test the waters by asking relatives/ friends to let you meet party lunch / dinner. This way you can experience first-hand challenges of home-based catering. You can also look for the best online marketing solutions for your catering business.
Image Source: Google
2. The next step on how to start a home based business would be to check into state and local laws to see how much of the business you can actually handle from home and get hold of the requisite licenses and permits.
3. This should be followed with a business plan which should include the structure and organization of your business along with expenses of the kitchen equipment and food. If you require help, include the estimated wages of the number of hired help.
4. Get to know your competition. There are plenty of people out there wanting to know how to start a home based catering business and you should check out the competition in your area in terms of the type of food provided, the going rates, the number of people catered to etc.
5. Your kitchen and the cooking/serving equipment is the next big step towards how to start a home based catering business. These are the two pillars on which your business leans.