One of the best things you can do for your health is to get an eye exam. There are a number of reasons why you should schedule an eye exam, and here are just a few:
1. To check for any signs of age-related eye problems. These can include macular degeneration, cataracts, and glaucoma. If you don't get checked for these problems early, they can cause serious damage to your vision.
2. To detect any signs of diabetes in your eyes. Diabetes is a leading cause of blindness, and it can damage the blood vessels in your eyes. An eye problem exam can help to detect this early and treat it before it becomes a problem.
3. To find out if you have any other health conditions that could affect your vision. Conditions like thyroid disease, high blood pressure, and GERD (gastroesophageal reflux disease) can all cause problems with your eyesight. An eye exam can help to determine the extent of the problem and make appropriate treatment decisions.
4. To check for any signs of head or neck cancer. Early detection is the key to beating this disease, and an eye exam is one way to detect it early.
5. To check for other medical problems that may be affecting your vision.